Tuesday, August 18, 2015

World Youth Day 2016

     

       I'm raising money so I can go to World Youth Day next year in Krakow, Poland! I have never been anywhere outside of the United States besides Peru, when I was nine. I'm excited, not only to be at World Youth Day and see Pope Francis, but also because I can visit Poland, which will be very special to me since I am somewhat Polish, my last name being Kalinowski. The fee is very high, but I have been doing a good job with fund raising, so I believe in myself.


Market Square in Krakow, Poland

Here is a prayer for all youths attending World Youth Day this year:

God, merciful Father, 
you have revealed your love in your Son, Jesus Christ, 
and poured it out upon us in the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, 
We entrust to you today the destiny of the world and of every human being." 
Entrust particularly 
of young people from all nations, peoples and languages. 
Keep them safely in the intricate paths of 
the contemporary world 
and give them the grace of a fruitful experience 
World Youth Day in Krakow.
Heavenly Father, 
make us witnesses of your mercy. 
Teach doubting, faith, 
hope resigned, 
love frigid, 
forgiveness and joy guilty sad. 
Let the spark of merciful love, 
which You lit in us, 
become a fire transforming people's hearts 
and renewing the face of the earth.
Mary, Mother of Mercy, pray for us. 
St. John Paul II, pray for us. 
Saint Sister Faustina, pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment