Thursday, April 16, 2015

About my Family

     I like to consider myself a good babysitter because when I was younger there was always a baby in the house. And if that one grew up, another one came. I loved it. I still love it. My youngest sibling will be four in May, her name is Anne. She’s fun to be around. The next one, Michael, will be six in July. He and Anne are great friends. They play with their little princesses and knights figurines. Sarah, the eight year-old is next in line. I think she’ll be a chemist when she grows up. She’s always mixing up the shampoo and soaps and lotions together. She likes to be outside. We live out in the country (in Northern California) on five acres, so there’s plenty of room to explore. Elise is eleven. She’s more of an artsy type. Sewing, cake-decorating, drawing, that kind of stuff. Then there’s me. But I’ll just skip over me for now and come back later. My two older siblings, Leah and Brandon, are freshmen in college. (They’re not twins, in case you’re wondering.) Leah is eighteen. Oh my goodness, she’ll be nineteen in April. She went to a college in North Dakota (University of Mary), it’s pretty cold out there compared to California! But she likes the school. Brandon, the oldest, is twenty years old. He went to San Diego for college. (John Paul the Great, or JP Catholic University) This is a film production school. He wants to be a film director. That’s why he took a year off, to do some filming. He is the one we all go to when some technical difficulty arises.  Finally, we come back to me. Well, like I said earlier, I love babysitting, skiing, volleyball, swimming, and vaulting. My favorite animal is a horse. (too bad we don’t have one ) It’s hard to describe my personality. I’m a mix of everybody I guess. Growing up, particularly when I was about five, with Leah, I would play tea party or dolls. With Brandon, we’d do magic shows or play hospital and wrap Grandma in toilet paper. With Elise, since she was only about one year old, we would jump in her crib and pretend it was a castle. We lived in a little house on a little yard in a little neighborhood. We moved to the country when I was six. I loved living there in the neighborhood, even though I probably wouldn’t now, with so many more people in the family. But it was great in that little neighborhood. I have many good memories of it. My older siblings always took great care of me. One time Brandon and I went on a walk together over to the dead end of the court. Right before the end though, there was a house with a very large dog that always barked at people. That dog was my worst fear. Brandon and I would always walk a little bit faster when we passed that house. :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment