Saturday, April 25, 2015

Death is the Beginning of a new Life

          Recently, there have been a lot of deaths in the family. My grandfather (my mom’s dad) was on a fishing trip. He was walking around in the halls at night and slipped and fell. Hit his head and had a seizure. The boat took three hours to get back to land and to a hospital. The thing is he was on a blood thinning medication, so he lost a lot of blood. This was far from home. The hospital flew him to a hospital in Los Angeles California, where he lived. He was unconscious. We drove down there from Northern California. During our visit, he passed away in my Grandma Becker’s arms. She was, and still is, devastated. He died on November 27, 2010.
            About half a year later, my great grandfather (the father of my Grandma Becker) suddenly passed away of old age in his sleep. The following year, his wife, my great grandmother died also of old age. This was hard for my Grandma Becker, having lost her husband and parents in two years.
            On Thanksgiving Day last year (November 27 2014, the death anniversary of Grandpa Becker, my great grandma on my dad’s side passed away. (my Grandpa Kalinowski’s mom) Her funeral was recently.
            The next month, my aunt died suddenly. (my mom’s older sister, and Grandma Becker’s oldest daughter) This was probably the most devastating for my Grandma Becker, having lost her husband and mother and father and now her daughter. My Aunt Amy apparently had a brain tumor that no one knew about, and she suddenly died on December 11, 2014. Everybody quickly flew out to Tennessee, where she lived with her husband and three children. Her poor children and husband. I can’t imagine what they must feel like. 

     Even though He may take some people, God is not doing this as a punishment. He loves us and the ones He brings into His Kingdom. Those of us on Earth are just not ready yet. This song, by Chris Tomlin is about following Jesus to Heaven. click here


No comments:

Post a Comment